It's that time of the year when our favorite football teams go head to head and we as fans get to show our pride for our teams. If you're planning on attending a one or two games this season or are a season ticket holder, remembering a few car safety tips when it comes traveling to the game can help ensure that you arrive there and back safely and that you have a great time!
- Make sure you have cash on you, just in case. Many football or sports games will require paying for parking, and usually only cash is accepted.
- Know your route - be sure to know where the parking is and how to get there. Often times looking up directions to a stadium won't take you to parking, so looking up surrounding parking will save you time and stress.
- Bring lots of water and some snacks for the car ride. If its a big game, chances are you may find yourself in the car for an extended period of time.
- If you're planning on tailgating, make sure you are prepared with everything you need and be early to find parking before the crowds.
- Always be sure to have a designated driver. Don't drink and drive!
- Wear the right clothing, whether it will be raining or will be a warm day, be sure you are dress accordingly or have jackets in the care just in case.
- Never leave any valuables visible when you leave your vehicle and lock the doors.
- Consider taking an alternative means of transportation to the game, such as a nearby train or uber.
- Always make sure that your vehicle is well maintained, so you won't be stranded on the side of the road before you arrive. The experts here at Olympic Transmission & Auto Care can help make sure that you are on top of your vehicle's maintenance.
We hope that these tips will help you enjoy your time and get you to your game and back home safe and sound!