We take care of your vehicle
If you have ever heard any automotive talk you have probably heard the word – Tune-Up mentioned. What is a Tune-Up and how can it help your vehicle? When you drive, heat and friction causes wear and tear on the vehicle’s components and systems. As with all preventative maintenance performed on an automobile, tune-ups can prevent major engine performance issues from occurring on a vehicle in the future. By replacing worn or faulty parts, regular tune-ups help to maintain vehicle safety and performance. A tune-up at Olympic Transmissions & Auto Care, includes in most cases the replacing the Spark Plugs, Ignition Wires or Boots, PCV Valve, and the Air and Fuel Filter. We also perform a service that we call the Induction Service on every vehicle when we perform a tune-up. What is an Induction Service? It is the cleaning of the cleaning of the Intake Manifold, Oxygen Sensors, Catalytic Converter, Valves, Throttle Body and the Fuel Injectors.
You could get better gas mileage—by an average of 4% or 16¢ per gallon—with an engine tune-up1
The owners manual on every vehicle should state how often the manufacturer recommends that you get a tune-up, but as a general rule it is every two years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. Driving under extreme temperature and weather conditions will make parts wear out faster.
Top reasons your vehicle needs a tune-up:
- Difficult to start
- Knocking in the engine
- Power loss
- Poor gas mileage
- Exhaust odor
- Rough idling
- Diesling– the engine keeps chugging a few seconds after the ignition is shut off
Items included in a tune up, but not limited to:
- Check all vital fluid levels – engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brakes, power steering
- Check safety items such as lights, wipers, tires (including inflation pressure), horn, etc.
- Check belts and hoses
- Check battery/charging voltage
- Check distributor cap and replace if necessary
- Check ignition wires and replace if necessary
- Check ignition performance – firing voltage and ignition patterns
- Check idle speed
- Check choke – carbureted engines
- Check compression and/or power balance – identifies bad fuel injectors as well as compression problems
- Check manifold intake vacuum – reveals exhaust restrictions
- Check exhaust emissions – verifies fuel mixture, ignition performance and emissions performance
- Check vehicle computer for trouble codes
- Clean fuel injectors
- Install new air filter
- Replace fuel filter
- Replace spark plugs
- Replace PCV valve
- Replace rotor
Olympic Transmission and Auto Care, serving the Lacey and Olympia areas, can tune up your vehicle!